[cdt-dev] Question regarding automatic build

Hi,

I've got a c++ project using Standard Make. My makefiles are working and a call to Project->clean successfully cleans my Project and builds it.
But how can I use the automatic build feature?
I've checked it, modified a source file and expected cdt to issue a "make all" but nothing happens. Also if I manually choose Project->Build Project nothing happens.
Do I have to tell eclipse which source/object files belong to my project?
It seems that Project->Build Project doesn't blindly issue a make all. Which files are checked for modification until CDT issues a make?

Maybe I should mention that my source files live in a subdirectory (src/) and the root makefile calls src/makefile.

Whould be nice if someone could help me understand the CDT build internals.

Thanks
   Stefan

Back to the top