RE: [cdt-dev] How does one install cdt-3.0.1 from a .gz file ?

To install from tar.gz file, cd into your eclipse directory and tar -zxf the
tar.gz file.

As for the update manager, did you search for updates or search for new
features. The search for updates doesn't work with CDT 3.0.0 (and previous
releases for that matter). Hopefully it'll work with CDT 3.0.1 when CDT
3.0.2 or CDT 3.1 come out. In the meantime, use search for new features and
point at the update site. It'll figure things out from there.

Cheers,
Doug