RE: RE: [cdt-dev] Refactoring

Hi everybody,

We are two swiss students from the "University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil" (HSR).
In our diploma thesis we try to improve the CDT by adding some refactorings.
Till now we have made the following refactorings:

- SortHeaderfile (Sorts the class declarations in the headerfile by the visibilities)
- HideMethod
- Separate Class (If there is more than one class in the same header/implementation file they can be separated)

We have planed to do some more:

- Extract Base Class (Like "Extract Interface" in Java)
- Classfile from headerfile (Move implementation of a method from headerfile to classfile)
- Headerfile from classfile (Create declaration of a method in the headerfile from the implementation in the classfile)
- Synchronize Headerfile and Classfile

The goal of our work is to provide a useful help for the "ordinary" programming work in Eclipse.
It isn't an all working solution for every C++ speciality but we are sure it will save some
stupid typing.

Regards
Christian Cavegn
Guido Zgraggen

We have desire, but no one has signed up to do this. So, no, there are no plans at the moment.

Cheers,

Doug