RE: [cdt-dev] Using nmake with managed builds

Like Mikhail says, the make utility (whether it's GNU make, nmake, any
make-alike will do) issues the commands via the OS shell.  The OS (in
this case, windows) will generally have a limitation on the length of a
command.

Make and nmake themselves don't limit the length to my knowledge, but
when they try to invoke the command via the shell, it fails due to the
length issue.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
Texas Instruments, Toronto