RE: [cdt-dev] How to hide the signals view

Currently we at TI actually go in and modify the perspective factories
so that they don't try to instantiate the view.

We try to do as much as we possibly can via the perspective extensions
mechanism but unfortunately once the factory creates and places a view
you're sort of stuck with those settings unless you modify the factory.

BTW this is one of those topics I was going to bring up in our ISV BOF
at the CDT conference, so if people are having other issues such as
this, please give them a little thought and bring them with you to the
table.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto

On
> Behalf Of Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:03 PM
> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [cdt-dev] How to hide the signals view
>
> I would like to be able to hide the signals view since we don't use
it.
> I don't want to have to modify any CDT plugins and I don't want to
> create my own debug perspective.  We created a capabilities plugin
which
> we use to hide other parts of the CDT UI that we don't want the user
> see.  We just associate these UI items with a capability that is
> disabled by default.  That works fine for the most part.  Lumping the
> signals view in with this capability does remove it from the "Show
View"