[cdt-dev] How to hide the signals view

I would like to be able to hide the signals view since we don't use it.
I don't want to have to modify any CDT plugins and I don't want to
create my own debug perspective.  We created a capabilities plugin which
we use to hide other parts of the CDT UI that we don't want the user to
see.  We just associate these UI items with a capability that is
disabled by default.  That works fine for the most part.  Lumping the
signals view in with this capability does remove it from the "Show View"
list, but it is still a part of the default debug perspective and
therefore Eclipse tries to display it.  I say tries because it is
effectively removed and so an error occurs when you switch to that view.

Someone at the debug meeting in Toronto mentioned that you can auto
open/close views from a launch configuration but I haven't seen a way to
do that.  Does anyone know how or have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Warren

Back to the top