Re: [cdt-dev] Adding build configurations

Thank you very much for the help. I've been able to generate new configurations and dig into the build chain. Fun stuff. Some new questions have come up though.

1: How do you save a new build configuration permanently? Presently the ones I generate with this method are absent after restarting Eclipse.

ManagedBuildManager.saveBuildInfo(project.getProject(),true); was the only method I could find that seemed like it might address this, but using it only seems to break the managed build system of the target project (it becomes unavailable). The same thing happens if the new configuration is selected and applied via the UI before restarting Eclipse. Does the build configuration ID (or does other configuration data) need to conform to any particular format to ensure that it can be properly saved to a CDT project's persistent files?

On a possibly related note, ManagedBuildManager.setSelectedConfiguration(project.getProject(),newConfig); does not seem to have any effect. (It isn't documented but I would expect it to be the programmatic equivalent of selecting and applying a build configuration in the UI).

2: How do you modify the configuration-specific environment settings? I've checked out the EnvironmentVariableSupplier and EnvironmentVariableProvider systems. There are lots of 'gets' but I haven't yet discovered a way of programmatically setting or appending to the environment.

Thanks Again,
Wyatt

Treggiari, Leo wrote:

You should use the interfaces/methods defined in
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.  These are the "somewhat" public
managed build system interfaces.  I say "somewhat" since they aren't
documented, and it is possible that some might change, be removed, etc.
when we do document the public interfaces.  But we won't make changes
without good reason.

Here is an example of how you would add a new configuration to a
project.

IManagedBuildInfo info = ManagedBuildManager.getBuildInfo(project);
IManagedProject managedProj = info.getManagedProject();
IConfiguration newConfig =
managedProj.createConfiguration(parentConfig, id);

Regards,
Leo