To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:24 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Target vs. Thread suspended

Hi,

We've been running into cases where CDT doesn't seem to be doing the
right thing for us because of code that relies on calling
CDebugTarget.isSuspended.

Our assumption is that a target is suspended if any of the threads are
suspended. However if we send a suspended event to the target along with
the thread it seems to think that indicates all threads have been
suspended.

In our case, debugging a Windows process, one thread has stopped and the
others continue running.

Some parts of org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core seem to think that when the
target is suspended all threads are suspended and other parts behave as
if no thread is suspended if the target is not.

I think fixing this probably involves replacing the
CDebugTarget.isSuspended checks with one of two tests: "is any thread
suspended" and "are all thread suspended", usually the former.

Any thoughts or other feedback?

Thanks - Ken

Back to the top