[cdt-dev] Target vs. Thread suspended

Title: Target vs. Thread suspended
Hi,

We’ve been running into cases where CDT doesn’t seem to be doing the right thing for us because of code that relies on calling CDebugTarget.isSuspended.

Our assumption is that a target is suspended if any of the threads are suspended. However if we send a suspended event to the target along with the thread it seems to think that indicates all threads have been suspended.

In our case, debugging a Windows process, one thread has stopped and the others continue running.

Some parts of org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core seem to think that when the target is suspended all threads are suspended and other parts behave as if no thread is suspended if the target is not.

I think fixing this probably involves replacing the CDebugTarget.isSuspended checks with one of two tests: “is any thread suspended” and “are all thread suspended”, usually the former.

Any thoughts or other feedback?

Thanks – Ken

Back to the top