RE: [cdt-dev] ASM content-type and uppercase S

Just to back up Alain's claim, here's the excerpt from
the gnu make manual. I guess this should be the guide
while we are so gnu centric.
---
Assembling and preprocessing assembler programs
    `n.o' is made automatically from `n.s' by running
the assembler, as. The precise command is `$(AS)
$(ASFLAGS)'.

    `n.s' is made automatically from `n.S' by running
the C preprocessor, cpp. The precise command is
`$(CPP) $(CPPFLAGS)'.

Cheers,
Doug

--- Alain Magloire <alain@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The meaning of *.S files were assembly code
> containing preprocessor symbols.
> So the preprocessor must be run on the file first
> and the output can be fed
> to the assembler.
>
> I'm not sure of the actions of the MBS but if it
> consider *.s and *.S to be
> the same, then lets remove the *.S
>
> Really I would preferred to define a new ContentType
> in CDT/Core
>
>    <extension
> point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.contentTypes">
>       <file-association

content-type="org.eclipse.cdt.core.asmPreProcessorSource"