Re: [cdt-dev] Indexer enhancement entry

>As promised, I have started a bugzilla entry to capture ideas we have on how to improve the performance of the indexer. We've made some big improvements in 3.0 with the reintroduction of the ctags indexer and introduction of the much better DOM parser for gathering cross references in the full indexer. We have some thoughts on how to make the full indexer even better and hopefully we can energize members of the community to try some of them out.

Just out of curiosity: I have also looked at ctags for some "code help"
functionality and I found that it's missing some important things like
type of variables, return type of functions... (at least last time I looked
and no other release since). So the ctags info would not be enough for
code completion. Do you use some own text parsing for the missing
info? Or is the ctags info combined with the DOM output? Or anything
else?

Thanks

bye  Fabi

Back to the top