[cdt-dev] Bug 102195 - Recomending removal of C/C++ Browser and Type Hierarchy

This issue was somewhat hidden in Sebastien's last e-mail and I want to make sure this gets highlighted.

We are seeing some really bad behavior in the C/C++ Browser perspective (actually rooted at the Namespace View contained in this perspective) when updating files while this perspective is active. There are some major problems with the architecture of the type cache that need to be addressed and clearly won't be available in time for 3.0 this week.

At the conference call on Monday, we have recommended removal of this perspective from CDT 3.0 as well as the Type Hierarchy view which also depends on they type cache. These will be removed by simply commenting them out in the plugin.xml so we can turn them back on again to fix them as soon as 3.0 is out the door.

If anyone has any objections, please speak up as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Doug

Back to the top