AW: [cdt-dev] Excluding included files / directories from the indexer scan

Thomas,

> The other alternative is for us to be able to tack an attribute
> on as meta data to the completion information and allow the user
> to selectively filter that out.  You see this in the JDT where

This is quite interesting, although I think that I would need an
attribute by which my help provider tells content assist to use _my_
suggestion and filter other ones (from indexer etc.) for the same
function name out, because I am sure that my help provider knows better
than others :-)

> In this case it wouldn't be so much a deprecated as an "internal"
> type of classification.  The way I would see this as working (all
> hand waving at the moment):
> - You would mark your kernel calls (which are fully prototyped and
> picked up by the parser) as internal/non-visible as part of your
> plugin context information contribution.  In some distant future this
could

I am not sure what you mean by "plugin context information
contribution".

Do I get you right?

Norbert

Back to the top