[cdt-dev] open declaration vs open definition

After using these features (which are very nice) for a while I'm finding the key bindings "feel wrong." I want to look at the code inside a function so out of habit I hit F3. But that takes me to the prototype not the body. Now I have to go back to where I was and try again with Ctrl+F3. It seems I'm fighting muscle memory all the way. I would guess that 90% of the time, Open Definition is want I actually want.

Anyone else experiencing this? I really think the keys should be reversed - F3 for Open Definition, Ctrl+F3 for Open Declaration. And if Open Definition fails, it should fall back to Open Declaration (e.g. If I don't have source for the function, fall back to the prototype). I realize this represents a slight change in behaviour from CDT2.1 but I think it makes more sense and is more "intuitive." I also realize it is late in the game for CDT 3.0 but seeing as this is a major version release, now would be the best opportunity to make this sort of change.

Just my two cents.  Anyone agree?  Rebuttals?
-Chris

Back to the top