RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Closing

I guess this leads to the question of which defects do you think QNX can fix after RC3 but before RC4?    At IBM we were assuming that ALL the defects would be addressed by RC3, and we were only doing Doc work after this.

To me "addressed" means, to evaluate the defect, and fix it if needed, otherwise move it to a future release.  At this late stage of the release we should know exactly which of the existing defects will be fixed before the final release.

        - Dave

Alain Magloire <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2005 11:59 AM

Please respond to
"CDT General developers list."

cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Closing

<snip>

> The reason I ask is that we have a large number of bugs still open on
> 3.0, the vast majority owned by the gang at QNX. I just want to make
> sure we're all on the same page.

Yes, we've been so tied up; things have a surprising way of coming together
at the wrong moment.  How about to see after RC3 if an RC4 is needed? 8-)

Note: July/August release cycles are no-nos, recipe for trouble.