Re: [cdt-dev] How can I properly add an IPathEntry to an ICProject?

I guess what it comes down to is that MBS already has a build model. What I'd like to see is a merger of that build model with PathEntry and put the whole thing down into the core. Right now there seems to be two different ways of doing things because we have two different models. Bringing the best ideas of both will produce something pretty awesome me thinks. At least then we could have a more unified experience.

Cheers,
Doug

Alain Magloire wrote:

True, but then MBS predates PathEntry. So I think it goes both ways.

BTW, I still find the Path Entry stuff overly confusing,

How ? provide details.
We  want a mechanism to isolate the programing model from the
different builders.  Now the PathEntry was the fist try,
it can be enhance/modify/scrap for a new API ... but as long
as we(I) get detail feedbacks and requirements, we could move
forward.

especially when I look at the UI. The MBS approach follows a much more traditional approach that I've seen in other IDEs. At least that is my opinion...

Let the Builder War begin ;-)

[[laughs]] 8-)
No need, there are problems in both, It would be nice to make
the user experience easier by beeing more consistent in the UI.