Re: [cdt-dev] M7 retagged and build underway

Sennikovsky, Mikhail wrote:

Hi Doug,

Could you clarify me the current policy of committing the bug-fixes to
CVS before the M7 is released? Should only the changes related to fixing the M7-targeted bugs be
committed to CVS before the M7 is released, or other bug-fixes could be
committed as well?

Thanks,
Mikhail

The policy is that the committers are responsible for the things they commit. If you have something you think is needed for M7, commit it. It would be a good idea that you have a bug in bugzilla marked as M7 so that we know to hold off the declaration.

It'll probably get more tricky if you're the only one holding up the milestone as you've got to weigh the impact to the community versus the need for the fix. The other committers may have something to say about that.

However, right now, we have 5 bugs holding up M7 and three of them is the pesky Open Type which is taking a while to resolve.

Whether this is the right policy is probably debatable, but the CDT is being run by the group of committers. We don't really have anyone higher in the eschelon actively managing the day-to-day operations of the project. I think most Eclipse projects are that way, though, especially the ones that have committers that don't all work for the same employer.

Cheers,

--
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa Lab

Back to the top