RE: AW: [cdt-dev] Setting Binary Parsers

Take a look at org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.MakeProject for an example of setting binary parsers on a project,  in this example it initializes the parsers to what is in the preferences for new make projects upon creation.

Dave.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of cebarne2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: June 14, 2005 10:32 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AW: [cdt-dev] Setting Binary Parsers

Thanks Norbert,

Sorry I missed one important detail.  We are not using the MBS.  Our own internal "Managed Build System" (Collins Managed Make) is based on the CDT standard make.  When a standard make project is created, the binary parser list is populated will all available parsers.  I need to change the active state of the parsers (check and uncheck them) during our new project creation wizard.  For example, if a user runs our GCC PPC project wizard (project compiled with PPC toolchain), we want to ensure the XCOFF binary parser is enabled.

I figured out how to do it with the error parsers, but the binary parsers seem to behave differently.  The IMakeBuilderInfo doesn't seem to have any methods to do anything like you can for IManagedBuildInfo binary parsers.

-Chad

"Ploett Norbert" <norbert.ploett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2005 08:15 AM

Please respond to

cc

Subject

AW: [cdt-dev] Setting Binary Parsers

Hello Chad,

I am a little surprised to hear that you are creating your special settings programatically. I work on an application where we need to set specific binary parsers (and a bunch of other settings) when creating a new project and I did it by creating a new project type as described in the "CDT extensibility guide" (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/cdt-home/user/Reference%20Documents/Managed_Build_21/Managed_Build_Extensibility.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project). Did you consider that approach?

Programatically, here is how to go. You need to get at the IProject that represents the project you are working in.

  IProject project = ... ;

The org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager has a static method to get the IManagedBuildInfo for the project.

 IManagedBuildInfo info =  ManagedBuildManager.getBuildInfo(project);

From the info you go to toolchain --> target platform and set the list of binary parser ids.

 info.getDefaultConfiguration().getToolChain().getTargetPlatform().setBinaryParserList(new String[]{ ... });

Hope this helps & works.

Norbert