From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On
Behalf Of Quentin Ochem
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 5:22 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Compiling CDT from CVS sources

Hi !

I' trying to get (slowly) into the code of CDT and, I'd like to be
able
to compile it from the CVS sources. Unfortunately, after having
downloaded the sources, I get a lot of strange errors everywhere,
apparently related to things missing in the eclipse API. Here are some
of them (at least, there are more than one hundred)

AbstractDecoratedTextEditorPreferenceConstants.EDITOR_DISABLE_OVERWRITE_
MO
DE
cannot be resolved    CUIPreferenceInitializer.java
org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/ui    line 84

The method getResourceAttributes() is undefined for the type
IResource    Resources.java
org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/util    line 104

The import org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourceAttributes cannot be
resolved    Resources.java
org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/util    line 26

I'm using Eclipse 3.0.2 with a sun java SDK 1.4.2. Is there anything
obviously wrong here ? I didn't find any recent documentation about
compiling CDT (the only one I got has been released on January 2003).
Is
there any update anywhere ?

Regards,

Quentin Ochem

PS : I hope this list is the right one to ask such a question. There
not
seems to be any component on the bugzilla list that fit to it. Am I
wrong
?