Re: [cdt-dev] Code Assist in 3.0M6

Hi Emanuel,

I have heard of Qt giving us trouble in the past. It does have some pretty
weird macros to make it look like they are adding concepts to the
language. I'm surprised it is still a problem since we've made the parser
more completed in 3.0, especially with it's handling of macros. This is
something we'll look into. Raising a bug in bugzilla with an example of
code that is returning bad results in a content assist would be most
helpful.

Our strategy has a number of prongs to it. For things you are seeing with
Qt, which is heavily C++, it is really based on the parser that we've
upgraded in 3.0 to build a more complete AST. The parser also detects the
context for the content assist and we use the semantic look-up built into
the tree to find the possible completions. There are other strategies as
well, such as using search for C functions, code templates, and pluggable
API help.

The best way to help at this stage is to test and report bugs. If you feel
brave enough to look at the code, check out the CCompletionProcessor2
class which drives the show.

Cheers,
Doug