Re: [cdt-dev] Patch to create ICoreModel interface

On Apr 20, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Craig Rasmussen wrote:

My current thought is to build on the mechanisms we have in place for file types and add a language description interface that would be implemented
for a language (and probably a language UI interface for customizing
certain UI elements like icons). We already have a number of places where
we check whether we are C or C++ to customize behavior in the CDT. The
idea would be to make it extensible so that we can look up in a generic
way to do the same tricks.

A facility to customize UI elements like icons would help a great deal.

A thought I've had about natures:

I can currently define a nature using the org.eclipse.core.resources.natures extension point. However (as far I know), there is no way to add a new nature to the grammar in
buildDefinitions.exsd.

Perhaps a project could contain a list of language natures with the contents set by the user when the Managed Make Project Wizard is run. A tool would be displayed
if its corresponding language nature is in the project.

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top