Re: [cdt-dev] ctags still required?

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/07/2005 04:53:32 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully an easy one for you all to answer. I was reviewing the spec
> files of some of our CDT rpms, and I realized that ctags was still in
> our Requires section. Has the use of ctags been depreciated, or is it
> still needed?

Well, it was deprecated but we are about to reprecate it in 3.0, at least
optionally. Users can choose our internal indexer, or if they have large
projects and don't need cross references, the can chose our ctags
integration.

> If it was depreciated, which version of the CDT did usage depreciate?

I think we removed the dependency back in the 1.x series (1.2?) It is
certainly gone in 2.x.

Cheers,
Doug

Back to the top