Re: [cdt-dev] Fw: CDT/Debug Eclipse-3.0M6 compilation problems

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/05/2005 10:40:17 AM:

> > > Broke M5 ... Yes.
> > > Necessary, the API for the debugger Memory Model changed.
> >
> > I wasn't aware that we were ready to leave M5 yet. Certainly didn't
see
> > anything on the list asking if it was O.K.
> >

> sigh ...
> Another mis-communication ... apologies.
>
> Since everybody approved of the CDT-3.0 plan and milestone dates
>    # Eclipse 3.1 M6 Apr 1,

Yes, I approved that Eclipse was going to release M6 on Apr 1, although I
did't think I really had a say in that matter :)

>    # 2005 CDT 3.0 M6 - Monday April 11, 2005 - stable build
> reflecting progress, APIs are documented
>
> It was not clear to us why wait to move M6.
>
> So what is the correct strategy for next time ?

The rule of thumb I follow is that if I'm going to cause people to do work
that I will make sure they know about it before hand so that they can make
the necessary preparations. Also, I try as hard as I can not to commit
code that will cause compile errors. Everyone here was surprised to find
the compile errors when they updated this morning. I hate surprises like
that! :)

I guess, in the future, I would consider moving platforms to be a votable
item. At least give people the chance to object if they aren't ready to
move.

Also, I always consider "no communication" a leading cause of
"mis-communication". :)

> > > Broke M6 ... ??  How ?
> > > My current repository compiled file and run find except for managed
> > builder
> >
> > That's a big except...
> >

> 8-)
> It's the use of NLS, it's in one file, I'll correct this in a moment.
> Thanks.

No, thank you! :)