[cdt-dev] Bug in GeneratedMakefileBuilder.java?

Hi,

I found a problem when implementing a new Makefile generator. In GeneratedMakefileBuilder.java your code calls the custom Makefile generator:

(in incrementalBuild)

MultiStatus result = generator.generateMakefiles(delta);
if (result.getCode() == IStatus.WARNING || result.getCode() == IStatus.INFO) {
}

Is there any reason why there is no check for an error code??? I mean something like that:

if (result.getCode() == IStatus.ERROR)
    return;

Currently, there is no way to tell the framework that an error occured during Makefile generation and that the build process should be stopped. The only way this is possible is, to pass back 'null' as the result and force an exception in the code above, but this is surely really hacky.

Any comments?

Thomas