[cdt-dev] problem to add an error parser to a toolchain

Hi,

I have build an error parser for the IAR compiler based on the GCCErrorParser. If the new parser (IARErrorParser) is at the same place as the other error parsers (org.eclipse.cdt.core->src-cdtcore->org.eclipse.cdt.internal.errorparsers) it works fine. To include the parser to my toolchain, I copied the file as 'NewErrorParser' to the project of the toolchain (com.elster.toolchain->src->com.eltster.toolchain.parsers) and added the extension point to the main project:

   <extension
         id="NewErrorParser"
         name="new Error Parser"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ErrorParser">
      <errorparser
            class="com.elster.toolchain.NewErrorParser">
      </errorparser>
   </extension>

To solve this problem I activated IARErrorParser and NewErrorParser and set a breakpoint in ErrorParserManager to check the value of ParserIDs:

 -  ParserIDs = String[2]
    + [0]="com.elster.toolchain.NewErrorParser"
    + [1]="org.eclipse.cdt.core.IARErrorParser"

After the line

  IErrorParser[] parsers = (IErrorParser[])fErrorParsers.get(parserIDs[i]);

with i = 0, parsers.length is 0, so the NewErrorParser wasn't called.

Can someone give me a hint to solve this problem? Maybe it is an java specific problem and I am a beginner in this language. To take a closer look to fErrorParsers.get() my system is looking for the sources of rt.jar  which are not available.

Best regards,
  Ralf Ebert

Back to the top