[cdt-dev] Update on CPL to EPL transition -- help needed

Hi folks,

I'd like to give everyone an update on where we are with the CPL to EPL transition. As most of you know, we produced a list of committers and contributors to the various components of CDT and gave this to the Eclipse foundation. They have been contacting all contributors to get their approval to re-license their contributions under the EPL. Things have been progressing quite well. We had over 55 committers/contributors on our list, and most have responded. All that responded have given approval to re-license their contribution under the EPL.

However, we still have 6 contributors whom the foundation has not been able to contact (or who have not had a chance to respond). Contacting these 6 contributors is very important, as to complete the transition, we need to either get positive responses from them, or re-implement the code that they provided to CDT. Here are the 6 contributors that we have not been able to contact:

Stefan Bylund (ENEA)
Hasse Hellberg (Lizsoftware)
Uwe Stieber
John Madsen (Illura)
Dirk Dorr
Christophe Juniet

If any of you are reading this message, please email me (sebastien@xxxxxxx) and CC sharon@xxxxxxxxxxx. If people on the list know the individuals above, could you either ask that they email us, or could you send us their contact info (up-to-date email address and phone #)?

Unfortunately, if we do not get responses within the next week, we'll have to look at re-implementing those contributions. I'm sure everyone would rather not have to do that :-)

Thanks to all for your help,

Sebastien

Back to the top