Re: [cdt-dev] FW: CDT/embedded sessions at EclipseCon

cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/27/2005 09:03:51 AM:

> > I'm willing to present or discuss any of the following things we've
been
> > doing with the CDT here at Rockwell...
> >

> Sigh ... will miss that.
>
> > Collins Managed Make
> > Yet another makefile generator that layers on top of a Standard Make
> > project.  Supports several compilers/targets used internally to
Rockwell
> > includingGCC (C/C++: Win32, Solaris, Linux, LynxOS), Green Hills Multi
> > (C/C++), Rockwell Collins, Inc. AAMP processor (C, Assembly, Jovial).
> >

> Curious, is the generated makefile overwritten at each run or do you
> maintain it in some kind of round-trip.

The makefile is generated every time the Collins Managed Make's properties
change.  The properties page defines several things including:

-Build Paths (compiler, make utility, build folder, etc)
-Sources (individual files or entire folders)
-Includes
-Compiler/Linker Options (various switches including libraries and symbols)
-...and more.

Also, a button is provided to re-generate the makefile on-demand.  It is
one set of makefiles (in the build folder), not one makefile per source
folder.  The makefile references the sources via either absolute paths or
releative paths (depending on the capabilities of the toolchain).

When the makefiles are generated, so are three Make Targets (Collins Build,
Collins Rebuild, Collins Clean).

> > Collins PC-Lint Integration
> > Run PC-Lint over all, or a subset, of the source files used in your
Collins
> > Managed Make configuration.
> >
> > Collins Astyle Source Code Formatter Integration
> > Soon to obsoleted by the CDT team... this integration allows Astyle
(win32)
> > to be run over the active editor, formatting the code to a
configurable,
> > persistable style.
> >

> 8-)
>
> The formatter work is done by iteration:
>  * Core: extension-point, API, framework to plugin formatter tool
(CDT-2.1.x)
>  * UI: Common base preference page and preview,
(CDT-3.0 ?)
>    options are passed to the formatter tool in a Map
>  * integration with the rest of CDT: wizard class creation         (??)
>    code template etc ...
>  * Possibly a formatter on top of the AST/ASTRewrite               (??)
>
> But no matter the iteration, an ISV should be able to plug in
> its formatter of choice, so Collins AStyle will never be obsolete 8-).

Cool.  Although, I am hoping the CDT will ship with a very slick defualt
formatter (like JDT) and we can stop using AStyle (nothing wrong with the
Astyle utility, simply not easily platform portable)