Re: [cdt-dev] FW: CDT/embedded sessions at EclipseCon

> I'm willing to present or discuss any of the following things we've been
> doing with the CDT here at Rockwell...

Sigh ... will miss that.

> Collins Managed Make
> Yet another makefile generator that layers on top of a Standard Make
> project.  Supports several compilers/targets used internally to Rockwell
> includingGCC (C/C++: Win32, Solaris, Linux, LynxOS), Green Hills Multi
> (C/C++), Rockwell Collins, Inc. AAMP processor (C, Assembly, Jovial).

Curious, is the generated makefile overwritten at each run or do you
maintain it in some kind of round-trip.

> Collins PC-Lint Integration
> Run PC-Lint over all, or a subset, of the source files used in your Collins
> Managed Make configuration.
>
> Collins Astyle Source Code Formatter Integration
> Soon to obsoleted by the CDT team... this integration allows Astyle (win32)
> to be run over the active editor, formatting the code to a configurable,
> persistable style.

8-)

The formatter work is done by iteration:
 * Core: extension-point, API, framework to plugin formatter tool  (CDT-2.1.x)
 * UI: Common base preference page and preview,                    (CDT-3.0 ?)
   options are passed to the formatter tool in a Map
 * integration with the rest of CDT: wizard class creation         (??)
   code template etc ...
 * Possibly a formatter on top of the AST/ASTRewrite               (??)

But no matter the iteration, an ISV should be able to plug in
its formatter of choice, so Collins AStyle will never be obsolete 8-).

> Collins Build Manager
> An extendable job queue.  Several different Jobs can be queued to run in
> sequence.  Currently supports External Tool definitions (native to
> Eclipse), Collins Managed Make configurations, Aonix ADT (Ada)
> configurations, and raw Make Target jobs.  Once queued, the jobs can be
> started and left to run in sequence.  If supported, the job can also be
> logged to a file in the workspace.  The Collins Build Manager is extendable
> via Plug-in fragments thus allowing the CBM to have no dependencies but
> Eclipse.

Back to the top