[cdt-dev] I'd like to add another fix for 2.1.1

Hi All,
I would like to propose that MBS bug 83556 be added to the 2.1.1 release. It is a port of a fix for 73156 to the head/2.1.1. basically it solves some troubling problems with the Add New Configuration dialog. Configurations that differ in case only are disallowed (i.e. "Debug" = "deBUG" = "debug"). Whitespaces at the start of a name are disallowed, but whitespaces in the middle are not, so "My Profile" is OK but " My Profile" is not. Finally, invalid characters like \ / : * ? " < > are all disallowed anywhere in the name.

If you have product based on 2.1.1, please let me know ASAP if these changes will cause problems for you. If this is OK, then I will commit the code.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top