RE: [cdt-dev] FW: CDT/embedded sessions at EclipseCon

Hi Sebastien, Sumit,

From our point of view we would like to keep "Embedded" as the key areas
to focus the BoF discussion as  this was our intention when we proposed
the BoF.

There is definite  intersection between Embedded  development and Remote
development in general in the sense that the embedded devices are
remote, attached to the host, or perhaps available on the network -
however remote debugging is only a subset of the issues that any
embedded  tool vendor will face when trying to build a deeply embedded
aware debuggers based on Eclipse Debug or CDT.    We'd like to highlight
the other aspects as well.

Remote development in my mind is a separate discussion point since it
encompasses a whole world of self contained scenarios that may or may
not include debugging in the embedded space.

A meeting next week  to clarify the topics could be good.  I'm open to
it.

Regards,

Martin

--