*From:* cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Sebastien Marineau
*Sent:* Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:14 PM
*To:* cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [cdt-dev] FW: CDT/embedded sessions at EclipseCon

Hi folks,

Concerning the BOFs, I did get information back from the EclipseCon organizers -- please see the email from Bjorn further below. The bottom line is that we have the freedom to organize our own BOFs, as well as set the schedule.

To get the ball rolling, our original proposal was to hold 2 BOFs, as listed below.

Eclipse CDT BOF:

Meet the experts and discuss the implementation and direction of CDT. The format will likely be a series of mini-overviews on different aspects of CDT along with open discussions.Intel, IBM, QNX and Redhat have volunteered to present here. We will also try to get a few customers to present their experiences.

Remote development and debugging BOF:

TI, HP, Montavista and IBM have expressed strong interest in hosting this. The main focus would be on the specific challenges of using Eclipse and CDT in a host/target configuration, both for development and debugging. This spans the range from deeply embedded (TI) to traditional embedded (Mvista) to the server/mini types of apps (HP and IBM). I also expect we can get a couple of customers to participate in this as well.

My suggestion is to schedule these for the Tuesday and Wednesday - the general CDT BOF on Tuesday the 29th, and the remote development/debugging BOF on Wednesday (March 1st).

As for the content, I do know that additional companies (e.g. Windriver) have expressed interest in participating, so maybe we can start by having everyone throw out what they'd like to contribute (discussion topics, mini-presentations, demos etc) and we'll collect it into the BOF "program".

Cheers,

Sebastien