RE: [cdt-dev] FW: CDT/embedded sessions at EclipseCon

We can do it either way, but I was worried about making sure that we
didn't get sidetracked and run out of time before everyone got a chance
to present.

If you prefer maybe we could do a brief discussion after each
presentation that we would cut off more or less at a fixed time, and
then open up the remaining time for general discussion.

I'm open to whatever format we think works best for the group.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto

CDT.
> > The format will likely be a series of mini-overviews on different
> > aspects of CDT along with open discussions.Intel, IBM, QNX and
Redhat
> > have volunteered to present here. We will also try to get a few
> > customers to present their experiences.
> >
> > Remote development and debugging BOF:
> >
> > TI, HP, Montavista and IBM have expressed strong interest in hosting
> > this. The main focus would be on the specific challenges of using
> > Eclipse and CDT in a host/target configuration, both for development
> > and debugging. This spans the range from deeply embedded (TI) to
> > traditional embedded (Mvista) to the server/mini types of apps (HP
and
> > IBM). I also expect we can get a couple of customers to participate
in
> > this as well.
> >
> > My suggestion is to schedule these for the Tuesday and Wednesday -
the
> > general CDT BOF on Tuesday the 29th, and the remote
> > development/debugging BOF on Wednesday (March 1st).
> >
> > As for the content, I do know that additional companies (e.g.
> > Windriver) have expressed interest in participating, so maybe we can
> > start by having everyone throw out what they'd like to contribute
> > (discussion topics, mini-presentations, demos etc) and we'll collect
> > it into the BOF "program".
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sebastien

> ----