[cdt-dev] Extending the build properties page

I'm slowly building a plug-in to support the Digital Mars C/C++ compiler (formerly known as the Zortech and Symantec C/C++ compiler.) I'll be the first to admit that the build system and linker are primeval compare to GCC, but there are still a decent number of people out there using these tools. For $25 for the CDROM and a full-featured compiler, DMC isn't bad and can be pretty useful.

It looks like I need to extend the build property pages to support the linker's module definition file. It's a file that can be generated, but it doesn't fit cleanly into the tool structure because a tool's elements are used to build up a command line. I think what I'd need to do is add a property tab and extend off the ManagedBuildOptionBlock class, unless there really is a better way to achieve the same result?

How to derive off ManagedBuildOptionBlock or extend it?

Back to the top