Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse 2.1 New and Noteworthy

> cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/06/2005 11:30:46 AM:

It does not really affect in the sense it is not round trip.  A user
will have to look at the build scheme(the Makefile) extract the information
and then manually set it on the project using the properties:
the include paths, macros, source folders etc ...
Part of this can be automated(include paths and macros) by using the
scanner auto discovery ...

> These things don't
> affect the build in any way since I've written my own make file and told
> the CDT which target to make.

The properties you are refering to are provided
by the Std make nature, it is a best effort approach, in the end it is still
up to the user to improve and make sure that the information is correct.

This is not the case for the managed builder, where we expect this plugin
to maintain the info for the user, it may has its own way of saving/viewing/modifying
the information in its own property pages.

> The indexer might use some of this
> information, but not all. But then, I use the Include Path's and Symbols
> dialog to feed it a bunch of information already.

The std make builders is a best effort approach, the more/correct information
you can feed the CDT(binary parsers, macros, etc ..) the best integration you
will get but all of this is done manually(minus the auto scanner discovery
it is on).

> This is also an area
> that the user documentation could use some beefing up for 3.0 since it
> doesn't really tell my why I would do any of these things (at least as far
> as I can tell).

Back to the top