From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Alain Magloire
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. November 2004 16:48
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 2.1 RC1/2: Problems with Remote Debugging

Hallo,

a` l'eau ?

Since one year we and our customers are using Eclipse / CDT successfully

for

developing and debugging C / C++ applications running on the Siemens
realtime kernel RMOS. With CDT 2.1 RC1 we recognized a problem when
launching a (remote) debug session. As it turned out the problem is that

the

new CDT 2.1 update cannot handle executables which are linked relocatable
(see bug report 77643). This executable configuration is required that gdb
and the RMOS loading system work together. This type of launching was
possible up to CDT 2.0.2 and I don't know why this has changed now. This
problem will prevent us to use CDT 2.1 which is not a very good option.

Can somebody check if it is possible to get this feature back into the CDT
2.1 release chain? If any support is needed we should talk about this.

The launch was change, it requires now a IBinaryExecutable.
And it looks like the BinaryParser(Elf, GNU/Elf ?) do not recognize it
your file as a valid excutable, that would be my first guess.

Can you attach the offending file to the PR?