[cdt-dev] CDT 2.1 RC1/2: Problems with Remote Debugging

Hallo,

Since one year we and our customers are using Eclipse / CDT successfully for
developing and debugging C / C++ applications running on the Siemens
realtime kernel RMOS. With CDT 2.1 RC1 we recognized a problem when
launching a (remote) debug session. As it turned out the problem is that the
new CDT 2.1 update cannot handle executables which are linked relocatable
(see bug report 77643). This executable configuration is required that gdb
and the RMOS loading system work together. This type of launching was
possible up to CDT 2.0.2 and I don't know why this has changed now. This
problem will prevent us to use CDT 2.1 which is not a very good option.

Can somebody check if it is possible to get this feature back into the CDT
2.1 release chain? If any support is needed we should talk about this.

Regards. Manfred.

Back to the top