[cdt-dev] EclipseCon presentations

Hi folks,

This is a follow-up to the discussions we had on the conf. call with respect to presentation slots (and BOFs) on CDT at EclipseCon. I’ve spoken with the conference organizers, and expressed our eagerness to do multiple sessions on CDT. Unfortunately, I don’t think there are enough speaking slots to accommodate all talks (frankly, they were surprised we wanted to do more than 1 J). What they have suggested is that CDT could present 2 or 3 talks (2 for sure, maybe 3), along with one BOF. Based on that, I’d like to come up with a proposal that allows everyone to participate.

Here’s a couple of suggestions of how we could proceed:

Talks:

  1. CDT state of the world – where we are at, what’s ahead, etc (QNX)
  2. Providing a development environment for Linux – CDT, oprofile, RPM plugins (we could try to pass this as a non-CDT talk) (Redhat)
  3. Design and implementation of a high-performance C/C++ code parser under eclipse – challenges, lessons learned, etc (IBM)
  4. Timesys had various ideas on presentations. Maybe there is some angle we can take that is non-CDT specific?

BOF:

The topics that have been suggested for discussions are as follows:

1.   General CDT BOF (general discussions, similar to last year)

  1. Intel managed build discussion
  2. TI: deeply embedded development and debugging with Eclipse and CDT

I see a couple of options. The first is for us to do #1 and #2 in a CDT BOF (quite reasonable, the topics fit well together), and try to get a second BOF for embedded debugging which TI would drive (#3). This could turn into a more general BOF, either on CDT debugging, or on Eclipse for deeply embedded apps. Maybe we could get others to participate (Altera, Tensilica, Intel?).

The second option is to include all three topics into a single CDT BOF.

In any case, I’m looking for people’s opinions on this. I promised the EclipseCon organizers I’d get them a proposal, along with rough abstracts before the end of the week. I’ll obviously need some help with the abstracts, especially for the IBM and Redhat talks.

Thanks a lot,

Sebastien

Back to the top