RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 2.1 RC1 Now Available for Testing

Here is a What's New section for Managed Build System:

Managed Build System (MBS):

* MBS uses a new model for defining tool-chain integrations.  Refer to
the
  Managed Build System Extensibility document for details.  It can be
found
  in the CDT on-line help at Concepts -> Build -> Managed Build
  Extensibility Document.
    * Old model definitions continue to be supported.
    * The new model should be used in the future since not all new
      functionality will be available from the old model.  In general,
no
      significant effort will be expended in making new functionality
work
      with the old model manifest files.  However, in some cases, new
      functionality will automatically work with old model manifest
files.
      The new functionality in this release appears to work with old
model
      manifest files.  The GNU tool-chain definition has been updated to
use
      the new model.
    * Old model project (.cdtbuild) files are converted upon approval
      by the end-user.  Converted project files will no longer work with

      CDT 2.0.

* MBS now supports file-specific tool command line options:
    * A specific file in a configuration can use different tool options
      than the rest of the files in the configuration.
    * A specific file can be excluded from the build of a configuration.

* There are new attributes that add flexibility to tool command line
  Generation.  Details can be found in the Managed Build System
  Extensibility document.
    * Tool.commandLinePattern:  Specifies a command "pattern" that
indicates
      how the parts of the command line are used to create the entire
      command line.
    * Tool.commandLineGenerator:  The name of a class that implements
      IManagedCommandLineGenerator.  This interface allows complete
control
      Over the command line.
    * Option.command:  The command provides a "pattern" for specifying
where
      the value should be placed for options of type string and
stringlist.
      The pattern can contain the replaceable variable VALUE.  If no
      ${VALUE} is specified in the command, the option value is appended
      the end of the specified command (as happens in CDT 2.0).

  Modified UI:
    * Error parsers are no longer selectable in the project creation
wizard.
      This is because error parsers are set per-configuration, and
      per-configuration changes are made via the property page.
    * C/C++ Build page of MBS project properties now contains all of the
      per-configuration settings for the project.  There are 4 tabs for
      Tool Settings, Build Settings, Error Parsers, and Binary Parsers.
      Note that binary parsers are not yet applied per configuration
because
      the rest of CDT is not currently set up to handle it.
    * File properties now contains a C/C++ Build page where the tool
options
      for a particular file can be set.

Regards,
Leo