Re: [cdt-dev] ErrorParser problems

Claus,
I recently wrote a couple of error parsers and what I found was that the findFilePath() method searches relative to the project (but it should be able to handle absolute paths like you passed it). There is another method that will search for the file at a wider scope called findFileName(). My logic was to call the first method with the path information that the build tool outputs (which in my case is relative to the build directory) and if that returned NULL, to pay for the more expensive search. If there is a bug in the first call when it is passed an absolute path, maybe you could try a relative path instead. Of course, you should raise a bugzilla report if that proves to be the case.

Hope this helps,

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Claus Vagner Pedersen clped01" <clped01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/08/2004 09:57 AM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] ErrorParser problems

I am writing an error parser for a compiler. I have studied the error parsers for the GCC compiler.

I am now able to parse the compiler output and create an item in the eclipse problem view.

but i can only do this when i am calling the eoParser.generateMarker(...); with first parameter as null, like this:

eoParser.generateMarker(null,lineNr,line,severity,"test");

when i run this there is no problem.

but as soon as i uncomment the line where i make the IFile which i want to use it creates a problem. The error parser function is never called.

I create the IFile as follows:
IFile file = eoParser.findFilePath(C:\programs\eclipse 3.0.1\runtime-workbench-workspace\test\src\test.c);

I can not seem to find an explanation to this.

I hope someone has an answer to my problem.

Regards,

Claus