Re: [cdt-dev] "Open Declaration" causes a twin of the current file to be opened

Yup, it's a linked resources issue - we don't currently check for them in the scanner. Feel free to raise a bug. :)

- Bogdan

<cebarne2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/20/2004 12:21 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] "Open Declaration" causes a twin of the current file to be opened

> In one of our customer's sources, she is highlighting a procedure name
and
> selecting "Open Declartion".  This causes a new editor to open with the
same
> file in it.  Now, there are two editors displaying the same file.
However,
> hovering over the tab shows the original file at location:
>
>     UserInterfaceView/blah/blah/blah.c  (a linked resource path)
>
> And the second editor shows the location:
>
>     M:/network_drive/view/blah/blah/blah.c  (the actual location)
>
> Now, add on top of this, if she again selects "Open Declaration", but on
the
> second editor's file, an error occurs:
>
>     java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>      at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:284)
>      at

org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.ja

> va:397)
>      at

org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.search.actions.OpenDeclarationsAction.run(OpenDe