[cdt-dev] ClearCase information from IBM/Rational

Below is a copy of a response I got from Stephan Schurman, a product
manager from Rational.  It may help you plan for the upcoming ClearCase
plug-in.

Chad Barnes
Rockwell Collins Inc.

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the feedback, I completely understand your (and others)
concerns around the availability of the CC Plug-in for Eclipse 3.0.
Historically, our primary release vehicle for the ClearCase Plug-in was
with the WebSphere Studio product family, and as a result our development
schedule is closely tied with theirs.  With the 4.x and 5.x releases of
WebSphere Studio, this wasn't a big issue, since their release schedule was
closer in synch with Eclipse.  Unfortunately, that is not the case with the
our Atlantic release based on Eclipse 3.0.

Rest assured I am working hard to ensure we get our plugin posted to our
developerWorks site by the end of the month.  ...

Going forward, we will be working to align our schedule more closely with
the Eclipse schedule to avoid this type of situation.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I'm hopeful that the delay will at
least result in a better quality plug-in.

Regards,
Stef

Back to the top