[cdt-dev] Rational ClearCase Plug-in for Eclipse 3.x

As a follow-up to our concall, we have been given access to the Rational
ClearCase Plug-in for Eclipse 3.0.  We acquired this through a beta program
with Rational Studio Architect (RSA).

The new plug-in introduces few UI changes or process changes from the
original plug-in.  Same game here.  But, we are very impressed with the
responsiveness.  This is likely due to the file status refreshes occuring
in the background.  I have tested this on a respectable medium-sized
project (couple thousand files spanning multiple linked resources and
VOBs), and the UI never locked-up during the status refreshing.

At this time I have no alternative method of aquiring this plug-in outside
the RSA beta.  Perhaps someone from the IBM/Rational side of this
mailing-list can help out.

Chad Barnes
Rockwell Collins Inc.

Back to the top