Re: [cdt-dev] Support Variables in Path Specifications and change project types

hai, i installed CDT , the following steps i done, finaly i got,

This document describes how to install\upgrade the C/C++ Development Toolkit.

Using the install-cdt script
----------------------------

We have provided an install script that takes care of checking for an
existing CDT installation and possibly backing it up before installing this
new version.

To run the script on Linux\Unix\AIX from your favorite shell:
  ./install-cdt

If you are using Windows, and have the cygwin toolkit installed or
another shell emulator you should be able to run the same command.  If
not, then please refer to the Manual Installation section below.

NOTE:

Since eclipse persists UI information, and fields or view names may
have changed,
it may be necessary to remove the metadata for the CDT plugins.  If you find
some runtime exceptions from one of the above plugins, or plugins not being
loaded try the following:

1. From a shell, navigate to where you invoke eclipse from.
2. There should be a ".metadata" or "workspace" directory there.
3. Navigate down to the workspace/.metadata/.plugins directory.
4. Remove any directories that match the plugin names above.
   If after trying this and restarting eclipse, the problems still exist,
   You can try removing the entire ".metadata" directory.  If the problems
   still exist then open a bug at http://bugs.eclipse.org

Manual Installation
-------------------

Upgrading
---------

If you have a previous version of the CDT installed, you should remove it before
installing the 20020508 driver.  To do this, remove the CDT plugins from your
eclipse/plugins directory if you are sure that you have not installed any other
plugins whose names begin with "com.ibm" or "org.eclipse.cdt".

	rm -rf <some_dir>/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm*
<some_dir>/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt*

If you have installed some other plugins whose names may also start with
"com.ibm", or if you are not sure, then only delete the following plugins (if
they exist):

com.ibm.cpp.*
com.ibm.dstore.*
com.ibm.debug.*
com.ibm.lpex
com.ibm.linux.help
org.eclipse.cdt.*

Installation
------------
To install the plugin for regular use, simply unzip
cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip
into the eclipse/plugins directory:
     unzip cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip -d <...>/eclipse/plugins
Once you have unzipped the CDT plugins into the eclipse/plugins directory,
the CDT should be ready for use.

To work with remote projects, you will need to install
cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-server.zip
on the remote machine.  Refer to
org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.docs.user/tasks/remote/server.htm
for details.

Building
--------

To generate a build environment (which is not necessary to run the
CDT) for the CDT
plugins, perform the following:
 1. Ensure that the cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip has been unzipped in your
    eclipse/plugins directory
 2. Goto the .../eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core directory
 3. Type make dev

Instructions will be provided later for working with CDT as Eclipse Plugin
Development Environment (PDE) projects.

Cannot find jars from org.eclipse.ui
*** Error: Usage: make ECLIPSE=eclipse_directory targets
make: *** [generateBuildEnvironment] Error 1

plz give me a good solution for me....

Thanks and Regards
Balu