RE: [cdt-dev] CDT ChangeLogs and the ChangeLog plug-in

[Cool comments on the change log plugin snipped]

>I did notice that the CDT does not use the GNU Style, so I would like to
>write a CDT style formatter. It should not be too difficult as it looks
>quite a bit like the GNU style. My question is, do you have a style
>document for your type of ChangeLogs? I can put together a Formatter by
>just looking at the CDT ChangeLogs over time, and working out the rules
>in that respect.

I don't think that there were ever any hard and fast rules posted.  If
you make the plugin and the CDT ChangeLog formatter becomes "de-rigeur"
then you will help make the world a better (more consistant) place.

>I have the current ChangeLog in "beta" format, and it is usable. Is
>there any interest for people giving it a test, or making suggestions?
>On the current TODO list it to make it work in the Compare Editor (Team
>based diffs etc), and allowing multiple entries from multiple file
>selections in the Project Navigator. Are there any other features that
>would be desirable? How do you compile ChangeLog's at present? Any and
>all comments are welcomed!

I do believe the changelogs are all compiled manually by the developers
who are pushing the changes in.

Thomas

Back to the top