[cdt-dev] Red Hat contributions & final steps

Hi all,

The RPM and Oprofile plugins that we've been working on getting ready to
donate as CDT contributions are ready!

We wanted to take the time to do a small internal review of the plugins
before opening them up, which is why things have taken longer than
initally planned.  Through our internal review, we've produced some
documents that outline the design of the plugins, as well as a number of
refactoring possibilities to improve their design.  These documents will
allow interested/potential participants to become familiar with the
plugins quite quickly.  These documents will be posted alongside our
contributions.

I'd like to get input from the CDTers about the following:

The plugins are now named com.redhat.eclipse.*.  Because they will be
hosted on Eclipse.org, I assume they should be renamed to something like
org.eclipse.cdt-contrib.*?  How does that sound?

Also, do you have a recommended project structure in cvs?  Internally,
we use the same flat organizational approach that is found in
dev.eclipse.org:/home/eclipse, but it looks like many new projects are
moving more towards the organization described here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder/readme.html?rev=1.23

Thanks for your input.

Jeremy

Back to the top