Re: [cdt-dev] Parser question

Thanks a lot!

John Camelon wrote:

Parser is no longer final. Thanks, JohnC www.eclipse.org/cdt
cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/08/2004 10:56:03 AM:

It does not allow now, just allowed :-). I need to break code to separate elements like CompleteParser did, but on the other hand, I
need
all preprocessor directives and unknown types exceptions to be
ignored.
For formatter any code is just a text, combined from semantic constructions. Having this element tree (almost like AST tree), formatter can reconstruct source code based on custom rules. Parser + scanner don't do this job now, but they have almost everything to do
it.
That's why I'm trying to subclass them to get necessary functionality.

Alex Chapiro

John Camelon wrote:

The extension mechanism has not yet been completely formalized. How does subclassing the parser allow you to format code?
JohnC
www.eclipse.org/cdt