Re: AW: [cdt-dev] [bloody newbie] how to build cdt ?

I think you can do it with a binary project as well. You have to check off
one of the options that will unzip the source into the binary project. You
should be able to make changes and build after that.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/29/2004 01:39 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: AW: [cdt-dev] [bloody newbie] how to build cdt ?

> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > here comes a simple newbie question:
> > > how do I build cdt ?
> > > I got the sources, found the code I'm interested in,=20
> > changed some lines, =3D
> > > but now I have no idea how to build this thing.
> > > I am new to eclipse, don't have much experience with java,=20
> > and new to =3D
> > > cdt.
> > > I installed eclipse 3.0 with sdk, the cdt sdk, apache-ant.
> > > I didn't find a guide or howto on the cdt homepage.
> > >=20
> > > So, how do I compile and install my modified version of cdt ?
> > >=20
> >=20
> > Try
> > www.eclipse.org/cdt
> >=20
> > Follow the FAQ link
>
> Ok, at least I'm making progress.
> I imported the installed cdt plugins, selected also the source plugins,
=
> and via the package browser I am now able to open GCCErrorParser.java. =
> But now the file is read-only and I have no idea how to make it =
> read-write :-/
> What did eclipse do ? Did it extract the files from the zip and put them
=
> on disk or does it just show me the contents of the file extracted to =
> memory from the zip file ? Do I have to unzip the ziip files manually ?

Yes, it is reading the zip file, (something that we are also trying to do
in the CDT 8-).

If you want to write/change get the plugins via anonimous cvs
anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You probrably will not be able to commit, but you could modify your
sandbox.  Was not an entry on this in the FAQ ?