Re: AW: [cdt-dev] [bloody newbie] how to build cdt ?

> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > here comes a simple newbie question:
> > > how do I build cdt ?
> > > I got the sources, found the code I'm interested in,=20
> > changed some lines, =3D
> > > but now I have no idea how to build this thing.
> > > I am new to eclipse, don't have much experience with java,=20
> > and new to =3D
> > > cdt.
> > > I installed eclipse 3.0 with sdk, the cdt sdk, apache-ant.
> > > I didn't find a guide or howto on the cdt homepage.
> > >=20
> > > So, how do I compile and install my modified version of cdt ?
> > >=20
> >=20
> > Try
> > www.eclipse.org/cdt
> >=20
> > Follow the FAQ link
>
> Ok, at least I'm making progress.
> I imported the installed cdt plugins, selected also the source plugins, =
> and via the package browser I am now able to open GCCErrorParser.java. =
> But now the file is read-only and I have no idea how to make it =
> read-write :-/
> What did eclipse do ? Did it extract the files from the zip and put them =
> on disk or does it just show me the contents of the file extracted to =
> memory from the zip file ? Do I have to unzip the ziip files manually ?

Yes, it is reading the zip file, (something that we are also trying to do
in the CDT 8-).

If you want to write/change get the plugins via anonimous cvs
anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You probrably will not be able to commit, but you could modify your
sandbox.  Was not an entry on this in the FAQ ?

Back to the top