RE: [cdt-dev] Error Parser Issues..

Hi Alain,

I like the new functionality, but I don't want to give up what (I
thought was) the old functionality.  That is, error parsers are called
in a particular order, and when an error parser handles an error, the
remaining error parsers are not called with that line.  There are 2
reasons why I want to keep this functionality:

1. I don't want more than 1 error parser handling a particular error.
It seems to me that could confuse the user.

2. Performance will be better if additional error parsers are not called
unnecessarily.

My suggestion for implementing this is a minor modification to your
proposal.  The "outputparser" element would describe "output parsers"
which are always called per line (as per your proposal).  An additional
new element with a new name (for example, "errormessageparser") would
describe "error message parsers" which are invoked in a specified order
and indicate whether or not they handled the error message.  Both
parsers could implement IOutputParser if we add a Boolean return value
to the new processLine method.  The return value would be used by error
message parsers and ignored by output parsers.

Regards,
Leo