[cdt-dev] Remote development

Hi

I have been searching the net for information regarding the
possibility of doing remote development in eclipse/CDT (by remote
development i mean connecting to a remote server, using methods such
as ssh, and have the workspace placed there along with the build
environment - this is not! the same as running cvs through ssh). - can
this be done in recent eclipse versions ? or does anyone know of a
project seeking to do this ?.

This is an extremely nice addition (editors such as ultra edit/emacs
(using tramp) can do this),
and I know many developers that do the editing in windows but are
running the software in Linux/UNIX (and executing the build commands
there).

If this is not the right place to ask this, then it would be nice if
someone could point me to a mailing list where I could ask about this
and perhaps start development of such an addin (before I start on it
myself, I want know, if this has been done/discussed before).

Regards.

Lars Roland

Back to the top